Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Autoresponder woes

Don't you just hate faulty technology? We all make mistakes, fair enough... but we don't need help in making them worse. Pshaw! Back in September BB (Best Beloved) and I took a short break to Cornwall. I was terribly organised and turned off all my sales in ABE Books, and set the holiday settings in eBay, to make sure customers knew what was happening. In a burst of super-efficiency I even set the autoresponder for bykimbo.com, so that a short message was sent saying I'd be back soon. And promptly forgot to turn it off when we got back. Oops.

Now that wouldn't be so bad, as a kind regular customer pointed out the blooper to me pretty much straightaway, and I went to my mail options site and deleted the autoresponse pronto. Except, it now seems, it never actually died. So ever since then, anybody who wrote to bykimbo has been told I'd be back in September. What a twerp I must have looked. I've now been back to the site, set up another message, deleted that, and generally given the whle bally thing a good kicking, and I think it's now behaving itself. But if you spot anything odd going on, do feel free to let me know...


No comments: